Revelstoke Paragliding – Tandem Flights
Launching from spectacular Mount Mackenzie at Revelstoke Mountain Resort (RMR), adjacent to the city of Revelstoke, British Columbia in Canada.
Call or Email us for more Information.
Flights Scheduled Year-Round.
Regular Flight $250 + GST (5%) Tax
Information for Clients – What to Expect:
- Cost of flight is $250 plus GST 5 % Tax. $265 per Person.
- Clients are responsible for their own lift passes. Cost is $31 if purchased online before 12pm the day prior or $39 if purchased in person at RMR Guest Services. Pass is refundable in the event that flights are cancelled.
- GET YOUR PASS HERE
- We strongly recommend purchasing your pass online to save time and money. If purchasing your pass in person on the day of your flight we recommend showing up at least 30 minutes early in the event that there are line ups. As we run a tight program with numerous laps a day we require you to meet us ON TIME! WE CAN NOT hold up the program for latecomers. NO REFUNDS ARE ISSUED if you are not on time and miss your flight.
- Meet us in front of guest services at RMR Here’s a pin
- You will be required to read and sign two Release of Liability Waivers in addition to RMR’s Lift Pass Waiver. Please note that the waivers posted here are for REVIEW ONLY. You will be required to complete the waivers in person with us on the day of your flight. Waivers filled out in advance will not be accepted. THESE ARE LEGAL DOCUMENTS! PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THEM BEFORE SIGNING!
- Revelstoke-Paragliding-Release-of-Liability-Waiver-2023 and
- HPAC WAIVER 2020-2021 and HPAC WAIVER – Consent for Minor Participants 2020-2021
- If flying with small children or very light passengers please notify us prior to your flight of weight and age so that we are able to accommodate you.
- Revelstoke has the highest vertical commercial tandem paragliding launch in North America.
- The total turnaround time for a tandem flight is about 2 hours. Average flight time is 30 minutes.
- Scenic gondola ride to 5558 ft (1694m), followed by a shuttle vehicle ride to upper launch at the top of the ski hill (7300 ft, 2225m)
- Meet your pilot, Safety Briefing and what to expect
- Please take the time to view the online instructional pre flight briefing:
- Pre Flight Briefing video in English
- Pre Flight Briefing video in French
- It is quite normal to feel nervous prior to take off. Once you and your pilot are ready and the wind is right, you will initiate the launch sequence. Within moments your feet leave the ground and you are both airborne.
- Experience the beauty of unpowered flight and fly like a bird with your certified instructor/tandem pilot
- Depending on the conditions we will use thermals to get us as high as possible
- After enjoying a bird’s eye view of the stunning mountains you will glide out toward the landing zone
- You can either fly around or experience incredible G-force and high speed spirals (Acrobatics) if you want.
- Then, get ready for landing. Your pilot will brief you while flying
- Pack up the gliders and get you back to the resort.
Sturdy Footwear (good runners or hiking boots), Long Pants, Windproof Jacket.
Sunglasses, Sun screen, Insect Repellent, Camera, Water
- Meeting Times: To be determined the day before or the day of flight and is dependent on wind and weather conditions and other bookings. Please ask us.
- Flight Time: Approximately 30 minutes.
- GoPro video footage and pictures available for an additional $30. We will transfer video and pictures to your mobile device.
Payment: on line booking, e transfer, credit card, square pay or cash.
Let’s go flying!
There are a number of things to keep in mind:
- Paragliding is risky! While we will make it as safe as possible, there is always a small chance that you could get hurt or injured. You will be asked to sign two waivers, just so it is clear that you understand the risks: Revelstoke-Paragliding-Release-of-Liability-Waiver-2023, HPAC WAIVER 2020-2021 and HPAC WAIVER – Consent for Minor Participants 2020-2021
- Paragliding is a very weather dependent sport. If the conditions are not good, we do not fly. The decision is yours if you want to fly, but ultimately, the decision is the pilots if we will fly. We may be able to reschedule your flight for a better time if the conditions are not suitable.
- You should be able to run 10 meters (30 feet) on launch and landing. You and the pilot are the wheels on the aircraft, if you can’t run, it can’t fly. Ski and snowboard launches are the standard for winter tandems and require no prior experience.
- We will be up high and it will likely be cold. Bring an insulated jacket and long pants. Please wear sturdy light hikers or running shoes, with ankle support if possible. If you have a ski helmet, bike helmet or climbing helmet of your own, bring it, otherwise we have several different suitable helmets of various sizes to choose from. Light gloves are recommended as well. Please bring a camera, but ensure that you have some form of lanyard so that you are able to tie it to yourself.
* flights are dependent on suitable weather and wind conditions.
Where to meet? In front of R.M.R Guest Services at our booth at the base of the Gondola.