Visiting pilots are welcome to fly at Revelstoke Mountain Resort (RMR)…but there are a few simple rules that must be followed for everyone’s safety and to help ensure ongoing access to the site. Flying at RMR is a privilege! Please obey all rules and regulations!
1. All pilots need insurance from HPAC (Hang Gliding and Paragliding Association of Canada) to fly at RMR. http://www.hpac.ca/forms/MF.pdf or 60 day visitor insurance at http://www.hpac.ca/forms/TM.pdf
2. No Speed Flying allowed at any time! All visiting pilots need to sign the RMR waiver at Guest Services or the Revelstoke Outdoor Centre (ROC). You can sign the waiver and bring it to Guest Services at RMR Paragliding Liability waiver and read the Paragliding Program Policies 2016-1
3. Summer road access is gated and locked. The combination is available through RMR. Lock the gate behind you.
4. All vehicles need to have and use the RMR radio frequency to call the “km” on the road, up and down. The frequencies are Tx: 167.085 Rx: 162.105 Tone: 110.9
5. Speed is restricted to 30 km/h on the ski hill road.
6. Winter lift access requires a ski pass. Single use passes for pilots may be available at a reduced rate. Check with Guest Services at RMR.
7. The designated winter launch is at the top of the “Hot Sauce” ski run, and the winter LZ is the large unused (old day base parking lot) area to the South of the Mid Mountain Day Lodge.
8. All winter flights must stay South of the Gondola line when lower than the upper terminal in order to avoid conflicts with Heli-Ski operators.
9. No winter foot launches. All pilots must have skis or snowboards, and be capable of skiing or snowboarding down from the top of the mountain.
10. Speed flying the ski runs is not allowed! All flights must stay above tree top height until the LZ.
11. Airband Radios are strongly advised. The local frequency is 122.800. If you don’t use an airband radio you need to call Kamloops F.I.C and let them know your flights plan 1-866-541-4101
12. The usual summer LZ is the landing strip South of town on Airport Way with the windsock in the middle or alternatively the field on Catherwood Rd. See map below.