Revelstoke Paragliding – Tandem Flights.
Call or Email us for more Information.
Flights Scheduled Year-Round.
Regular Flight $220 + GST (5%) Tax
Ask us about our Acro and Cross Country Flights.
Information for Clients – What to Expect:
- Cost of flight is $220 plus GST 5 % Tax. $231 per Person.
- Meet us in front of RMR guest services or drive yourself to our Landing Zone approximately 4 km’s South of the Revelstoke airport on the river side of Airport Way, depending on what we arrange with you.
- You will be required to read and sign two release of liability waivers. These are legal documents. Please take the time to read them before signing. Revelstoke Paragliding Release of Liability Waiver 2019 and HPAC Waiver 2019
- Revelstoke boasts the highest vertical commercial tandem paragliding launch in North America.
- The total turnaround time for a tandem flight is about 2 hours.
- Scenic gondola ride to 5558 ft (1694m), followed by a van ride to upper launch at the top of the ski hill (7300 ft, 2225m)
- Meet your pilot, Safety Briefing and what to expect
- It is quite normal to feel anxious or have “butter flies” prior to take off. Once you and your pilot are ready and the wind is right, you will take off. Within moments your feet leave the ground and you are both airborne.
- Experience the beauty of unpowered flight and fly like a bird with your certified instructor/tandem pilot
- Depending on the conditions we will use thermals to get us as high as possible
- After a bird’s eye view of the stunning mountains you glide out toward the landing zone
- You can either float around or experience incredible G-force and high speed spirals (Acrobatics) if you wish!
- Then, get ready for landing. Your pilot will brief you while flying
- Pack our gliders and get you back to where we met:
Sturdy Footwear (good runners or hiking boots), Long Pants, Windproof Jacket.
Sunglasses, Sun screen, Insect Repellent, Camera, Water
- Meeting Times: To be determined the day before or the day of flight and is dependent on wind and weather conditions and other bookings. Please ask us.
- Flight Time: 30 to 45 min
Payment: Cash Preferred , Credit Card, RMR Guest Services or Everything Revelstoke
Let’s go flying!
There are a number of things to keep in mind:
- You are doing this because you want to!!! If you are not sure, you can always say, “I am not ready!” …. and we won’t fly.
- Paragliding is risky! While we will make it as safe as possible, there is always a small chance that you could get hurt or injured. You will be asked to sign two waivers, just so it is clear that you understand the risks: Revelstoke Paragliding Release of Liability Waiver 2019 and HPAC Waiver 2019
- Paragliding is a very weather dependent sport. If the conditions are not good, we do not fly! The decision is yours if you want to fly, but ultimately, the decision is the pilots if we will fly. We may be able to reschedule your flight for a better time if the conditions are not suitable.
- You should be able to run 10 meters (30 feet) on launch and landing. You and the pilot are the wheels on this aircraft, if you can’t run, it can’t fly! Ski and snowboard launches are the standard for winter tandems and require no prior experience.
- We will be up high and it will likely be cold! Bring an insulated jacket and long pants. Please wear sturdy light hikers or running shoes, with ankle support if possible. If you have a ski helmet, bike helmet or climbing helmet of your own, bring it, otherwise we have several different suitable helmets of various sizes to choose from. Light gloves are recommended as well. Please bring a camera, but ensure that you have some form of lanyard so that you are able to tie it to yourself.
- Have fun!
* flights are dependent on suitable weather and wind conditions.
Where to meet? Our usual meeting place is the landing zone on Airport Way about 4km South of the airport. See map below.
For winter operations please meet at the R.M.R Guest Services at the base of the Gondola.